Saturday, November 29, 2008

Butterfly the Butterball of a Hammie

Well, today we took the remains of some of our critters that have passed within the last month to OHS for private cremation. They are wrapped in a clean blanket and placed in a freezer appropriate container and then in the freezer until my husband can bring me to the shelter. Anyway, someone was looking out for a pudgy hammie girl named Butterfly. As I was getting helped by the staff at OHS, a woman walked in with a cage. A former roommate left their hammie with her family. After caring for her for a while, they decided it would be best to bring her to find a new home as their kitties had tried to get at her already. It was all in the timing. We got to OHS later than we wanted to due to me doing some cleaning in the rattie room. OHS said they couldn't take the little hammie at that time and I mentioned I might have a friend that might take her. :-) I called my friend and now the hammie has a new place. I don't have much experience with hammies but I must say she was a friendly little girl. She let me pick her up and she ran all around her cage. Anyway, it was fortuitous that we happened to be there at that time. I'm so glad Butterfly has a wonderful new home. She is a very lucky little....er...not so little :-), hammie! It is also rather ironic since today was the day we were to participate in the rattie train which in the end did not need us as none were coming into Oregon this trip, so we had our own little hammie train!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Lucky little hammie today!

dreameyce said...

Isn't it great when we're at the right place, at the right time? Lucky Hammie!