Saturday, November 22, 2008

Junior

A new little boy has come to Vermin Village. He's a black and white hooded rattie. He is very shy, but I am going to be working with him on this. I'll set up a neuter appointment for him as well. He doesn't bite but I'm hoping it will calm him down. He'll be living in our bathroom in his own cage for a while. He has a very sweet face. Hopefully it will all go well. After he gets neutered, I'll move him to the downstairs cage.

He was adopted from a wonderful family that has several rats but also a small child and it was hard to work with him in a "calm" manner. This family took him in from a HORRIBLE situation so I'm so grateful they gave him a chance. His previous owner dumped him and 2 hamsters in their apartment after vacating it. The 3 rodents were left running around loose. Dumb ass people. The people that run the apartments were trying to rehome them and while my friend called about the hammies she found out about the rat. After asking what they intended to do with him--bring him to the Vancouver Humane Society that said they would euthanize him OR the woman's boyfriend would feed him to his alligator.

So he is safe and sound here and I'm sure he'll be just fine.

No comments: