Saturday, December 6, 2008

Cage Update

Well, went to pick up my new cages yesterday. Turns out that my stackables have a snafu so those will be a bit more. It is a relatively small issue so it will be fixed shortly. BUT BOY ARE THEY AWESOME! I know I will be more than pleased when I do get them.

I haven't paid for the full order yet so I am picking up the other cages that are ready. I have two here now. These are BC-6 with large doors. I ordered 3 of these cages to use and when I start taking in more, these will be the quarantine cages used as they are super easy to clean and they fit in my car easily. Right now I'm using them as hospital cages so they are downstairs.

Sprite, my 190 gram girl, is on medication and I'm still trying to pull her out of her respiratory slump. Pixie, she is separated from Sprite (the cage has both a solid or wire removable dividers). If I get Sprite well enough, I was going to try to introduce these two girls. Pixie is the late Pinkie's sister. So right now I'm giving Sprite medication. She'll have to be on it the rest of her life, but I want her to also put on some weight.

Now Joey - - he was neutered the Friday before Thanksgiving. They also found an abscess on him after they shaved him. He went in to have that removed today. But I noticed that the incision site had an issue. They aspirated it and it was infection. So he is now on two antibiotics and will be going in Monday for a surgery when both Dr. B and Dr. S can work on him together. Poor little guy. But he is a trooper and hopefully this will clear up his little problem. I'm keeping Potter, his cage mate, separate from him so that he leaves his wound alone. They are in one of the new divided cages.

No comments: