Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Spot and Luciano Leave for the Bridge

I have been expecting this for a few weeks.  I don't have the heart to euthanize them when they come and greet me at the door.  Well today Luciano didn't greet me at the door.  He had passed.  Spot, being very frail, was helped to the bridge.  Spot was 30 months and Luciano was 28 months old.

I was about ready to move these two neutered boys in with 3 of my other older ratties.  :(  This is a great plug for spaying or neutering your rats.  While the females were all intact, the males were all neutered!  This mean the boys were never alone.  It is preferred that you spay females first because of the additional health benefits they get.  However it is a bit easier to find a vet that will neuter.

Both ratties have been prepared for private cremation.

Run and be free little ratties!

No comments: