Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chase, Liam, Rose and Poppy Settle In

RMIS Rose (s), RMIS Poppy (s), Chase (n), Liam (n) have settled in their new home together.  Ironically, I had donated or sold all of my Quality Cages with the expansion piece I designed.  I decided I needed a set again for these kids.  Funny enough, someone put one on CL so I bought it.

I set it up with two double folded hammocks, one on each level.  A Wobust Wodent Wheel, a soda box, two Lixit Recycled Juice Bottle Kit, Small tip, a litter box filled with large rocks, and extra blankets to haul around.  There is also a paper bag filled with shredded paper that I give them to play around in and drag all over.

Their food dish is filled with my rodent mix and lab blocks.  This cage is located downstairs in our living room.  We actually have 4 cages of rats down stairs.



This is Rose and Chase peering at me after I snapped a few pictures.  For being introduced Saturday, they are pretty chummy which makes me very happy.  They didn't really squabble when I put them together.  (This cage was "new to both sets of kiddos.")

I did put fleece between the two levels. Since this cage unhooks in the middle, it makes it very convenient.

I'll be adding more toys, but I wanted to get this shot up here so their respective former parents could see how their babies are getting along.

I apologize that this picture is so blurry but you get the general idea of how they are getting on. :D  From the far back, the black head in the back is Poppy, laying right next to her is Liam, and then in the front Rose and Chase.

Eventually these 4 kids will be joined by the 5th member of their group, an intact double rex boy dumbo boy...Sooki!

No comments: