Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rattie Filled Day

Today I did a lot of running around.  I went to OHS to check out Louie, a little boy for adoption.  I am putting together a cage of similarly aged male rats and Louie would have fit right in.  Unfortunately he appeared to have mange mites so I had to decline taking him. Luckily an OHS youth volunteer adopted the little guy so he'll be able to be by himself as he'll need to be a bit older before he can receive treatment.  This was a positive outcome to the situation.  :D

I met the rats from the West Linn situation.  (Got to see all of the beautiful birds too.)  The rats are gorgeous and very sweet.  They looked very well cared for.  (Of course the shelter was providing them with great care but they wouldn't have looked THAT good if the late owner hadn't been caring for them.)  I'm hoping to adopt the 3 baby boys as they'll fit in well with my little munchkins I picked up later that day.

I did notice that OHS had run out of water bottles and cages so we went back later that day with 2 cages for the adult rats and hopefully they'll be able to switch the smaller rats into the closer bar cages, and several new water bottles, spring bottle holders and some aquarium bottle holders.  I also brought them some cat food to mix with the rat food for the baby rats.

I also donated about 10 or so pounds of food to the young lady that had the little munchkins I took in yesterday as she has been using her food to feed the abandoned waifs  so I wanted to help offset that.  I also gave her one of the martin cages I had so she had a bigger home for the remaining rats.  I told her to just keep it as I don't really need it back.  (My preferred cages are Quality Cages.)  I also gave her all of the bedding I had gotten on previous adoptions that I don't use.  Ultra carefresh, cell sorb and some white gem animal bedding.  I'm glad it will be put to use now.  I think I also gave her left over food from adoptions as well.  I won't feed most mixes or blocks so that might as well go to good use too!

All in all, it was a rattie filled day!

No comments: