Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mischa and Molly, Remi and The Alberta Boys (Black and Blue)

Today is the 2nd day that Black had his "daily dose" of his heart medication. While he has dropped quite a bit of weight, I'm hoping he will start eating more. This afternoon he seemed more alert and moving around a bit more. I've been feeding them baby food to help stimulate his appetite and give him something he can swallow relatively fast. His brother Blue is just fine--and probably ate most of the baby food.

I asked Emily if they could stay with me so Black could be checked again by Dr. Surrency and to make sure the heart medication, now that it is daily, helps him. Otherwise, he may be too sick to travel. He gets stressed really easily and gets short of breath. :(

Molly appears to be doing better. She is very busy redecorating her half of the cage. She still has the opening on her face, but it hasn't gotten bigger and the edges of the wound appear to be finally healing, although whatever that tissue is has not disappeared. She is still taking oral antibiotics and getting topical cream.

Molly takes her medicine so well and she puts up with me kissing her belly and giving her scritches. I think she can't make up her mind as to whether or not she likes it.

Mischa, the little hussy, was sleeping on top of Remi in the hammock when I was getting Molly to give her her meds tonight. So cute. Remi was lying there in bliss now that he has a rattie girlfriend that cuddles with him. The pathetic ham.

So for Molly I'm cautiously optimistic. For Black, I'm waiting anxiously that he'll improve.

No comments: