Sunday, July 26, 2009

Colonel's Adventure

It started sometime Friday after I left for work. (I frequently clean cages before I go to work.) Colonel was in his carrier while his cage dried. He apparently was not satisfied with this. I went in when I got home that night and OMG his carrier was OPEN--I mustn't have fastened it well. :/ I searched and searched but could not find him. I have 4 cats. Needless to say, I was freaking out. The ONLY other escapee I've had was the late Precious and she came when called (and she escaped because I failed to shut the door so basically she had an invitation too). My husband is in Texas, I had to go see the vet today (Crinkle, one of my boys has a UTI, Brick, my big boy and Crinkle's brother has a respiratory issue and Molly was going in for her eye check.) I had to do errands today as well since I'm housebound on Sunday. So I set my female hammie on the floor in a carrier and put some food and water out and blocked off the area with the Plexi Glas play pen. (The cats don't jump this, I don't know if they can distinguish that it is only so high.) Anyway, no luck. I headed up again about 30 minutes ago and was just "quiet". I hear a faint rustling in the computer room. (The cats are either downstairs or in our bedroom so I KNOW who it is--the computer room is also our storage room.) The rustling gets more pronounced. I head into the computer room and home in near my husband's computer. I look in his trash can, and there was Colonel. Apparently he smelled some food and drink in there and jumped in. I was never more glad in my life. I gave him kisses and of course he squirmed as if to say, "Just get me my house, my food, and my water save the affection for later lady!" He is now safe and sound. And each of my kitties will get a treat for leaving him alone. Ugh. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster.

Hope all is well with everyone!

No comments: