Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Colonel's Last Adventure :*(

It is with great sadness that after Colonel's adventure on Friday and Saturday appears to be his last one. Taken from the Bonnie L Hayes animal shelter in Washington County through a friend, he was brought to Vermin Village for his retirement. Apparently last week was not his only escape adventure and he was brought in to the shelter as a "stray." Given that he was pretty raggedy looking, it doesn't surprise me that he was wondering around although people often use that as an excuse when they are "tired" of a pet. (And given that hamsters have such a short lifespan, quite frankly I find that very appauling.) Anyway he had a great time here and he loved hanging out in my husband's pocket.

I found Colonel had passed in his cage sometime during the night as he had passed when I found him this morning.

No comments: