Monday, July 6, 2009

Colonel and Precious the Hammies!

Someone surrendered 2 hamsters to the Washington County Humane Society. Sadly, this shelter does not keep any animals but cats or dogs, so the animals needed to be moved out quickly. A friend picked them up, another friend held them for me and I picked them up today. I was only going to foster them until they found a home, but the older boy, who I've named Colonel after the Little Colonel's character played by Lionel Barrymore will be staying here. He is older so is in need of a final home.

Both are very gregarious. I've named the little female Precious because she reminds me of those Precious Moments collectibles. Right now they are in carriers, but will move into their new cages tomorrow.

Precious may have a home, but I'm not quite sure yet. Someone else had contacted me first and they were checking on it. If she doesn't find a home, she is welcome to stay here. She is a very sweet little girl. I do have enough cages for her to live here too.

No comments: