Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Libby Passes In My Arms

In a double whammy this morning, Libby, the bunny soft fur rattie girl, also taken from the Bonnie L Hayes animal shelter, was found this morning in great distress in her cage. Our house has central air so I know it wasn't the heat. She had bloated up at some point with some serious water retention so I can only think she had a heart attack sometime before I got in that morning. I picked her up and didn't take 10 steps to get to the top of the stairs in my house and she passed in my arms. I'm sad she has gone but glad that she waited for me, although I know she had to be in great pain. I pet and gave her a kiss as I was walking and kept telling her to wait and then she was gone.

She has been prepared and is awaiting transport to OHS for private cremation.

No comments: