Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Neighbor Rats In Need

My next door neighbor has pet ratties. Unfortunately, she got them from a pet store. I tried to tell her but....too late now, she's had the little fuzzies since February.

They are all love bugs. 3 have upper respiratory infections and she hadn't gotten paid yet so I brought some of the medication over and we calculated the doses for them. I picked up one of her other ratties and he had an abscess. She had just spent $250 for another surgery and didn't have any more money so she put warm compresses on it to help bring it to a head. She's still working on that. Meanwhile, she has the oral antibiotic ready to go--but I told her to wait until the abscess burst (it is close to as it is now). Then I'll help her flush and pack it and she can start the antibiotics. Poor little guy. These 2 boys are double rexes but they have the sweetest personalities. I brought over some soda boxes because she didn't have any houses for them. I told her she needed to give them houses or boxes because they need to have a place to hide. They were tipping over the litter box (filled with paper) and making a house. (Ratties are so smart.)

So it has been a rattie filled evening!

1 comment:

Cisje said...

Your neighbour certainly is very lucky with a friend like you (her rats are lucky to have you nearby as well)!
Well done!

Mom Cis of The Rat's Inn