Monday, October 5, 2009

Mimi Passes In the Night

I write this with a very heavy heart. Mimi, our little Siamese licky girl passed away. I walked in the room and she was dead in her cage. Words can not describe how upset this makes me. I told John and he was upset too. "Not my licky girl!"

Mimi was John's baby. She is survived by her cage mate, Junior. She didn't like other females so she needed a macho boy to live with. (She was spayed.)

Lee originally went to pick her up at my request in May 2008 (she was already 8-10 months old). Her family decided they no longer wanted her. Lee tried her living with Clive, but Clive was a push over and Mimi bossed him around. (Clive is neutered.)

I went to get Mimi. I tried to put her with girls and she attacked them all. I had her spayed and then when Junior came, he was introduced as her new buddy. They loved each other very much. Junior looked after his lady.

When Mimi was choking, he pulled a blanket out of the hammock and spread it on the floor for her to lay on. Then he laid right next to her, licking her face while she worked it out.

Mimi has been prepared for private cremation on the Oregon Humane Society.

Run free little Mimi. You can have as many treats as you want!


No comments: