Friday, March 27, 2009

Cricket's Great Adventure

When I came home last night, I gave Cricket, Worth and Tutu a nutball. They are currently in the smaller carrier cages in the kitchen so they can get used to each other. The carriers have a sliding door on one end as they are actually bird carriers that work great as rat carriers. Anyway, I went on my merry way.

The next morning I was moving the 2 bags of rat food on the kitchen table when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I turned and Cricket and was running across the top of the cage!

I scooped him up and put him back in the carrier and realized I left his slider door open!

Once he was back in his carrier, I went to move the food again and realized the bottom paper bag had a hole in it. It turns out Cricket had jumped from his carrier, onto the overhanging plastic tray, ran across that, jumped out onto the stack of food bags, and then made a hole in the food bag on the bottom, grabbed a lab block and ran back to his cage! He had apparently been at it ALL night. When I looked in his carrier, he had over a cup and a half of food tucked in his blankets! I thought he took his food out of his dish and had hidden it in his blankets.

The intrepid Cricket now has a clip across the slider door, just to make sure that he didn't push it open.

All 4 of the cats were good and left him alone during his night antics!

No comments: