Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chip Is Helped to the Bridge

Chip, a little Golden Syrian hamster was helped to the bridge tonight.  My neighbor was looking after him for over a year as she can't afford pets and I had a little guy that needed some more individual attention.  He thrived in her care and was very gregarious.  He apparently started to feel poorly last night and tonight he just couldn't really stand up on his own and she said he was very cold.  Attempts to warm him were not helping and he was gasping for breath.

Just his brother Dip remains of the 5 hamsters my friend Cindy and her family and I adopted.  (She took 2 babies, I took the mother and 2 other babies.)  Dip has slowed down but seems to still be in good overall health.

Chip will be brought for private cremation at the Oregon Humane Society on Saturday.  Rest in peace little Chip.

No comments: