Sunday, May 23, 2010

Popeetka Helped To the Bridge

Popeetka was helped to the bridge in the wee hours of the morning. He was one of my little boys that I never found another rattie to live with. He didn't even tolerate his own father. He was a cranky little rat but he did not like to be handled until the last month of his life. Good thing because he was the king of the penis plugs! :( He also had chronic respiratory issues and he'd developed a huge tumor under his left ear. :*(

Last night as I sat holding him he started to lick my hand. ::sigh:: This little guy has bitten me I can't tell you how many times. Of course you feel like crap when they do that. I held him for a bit and chatted with him and for the first time in his life, was able to cuddle with him where he didn't freak out. He just seemed so sad and tired.

I'd like to beat the crap out of the person that had him originally. He was kept in a small cage (about 10" x 15") with 8 other rats of mixed genders. They lived out on the porch in Rainier, Oregon/Longview, Washington area. In freaking November. They were thrown some birdseed every now and again. A hammie person rescued them and I got Popeetka in November 2007, he was already an adult.

Even if I don't know his exact age, he is at least 34 months old (I've had him since November 2007), possibly older.

Popeetka has been prepared for private cremation at the Oregon Humane Society.

Run and be free little Popeetka. And be nice to your papa!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

RIP Popeetka. :(

Hopefully this poor little guy is at peace now and enjoys all the finer things of rattie life that he did not seem to here.

You were very good to him and I'm sure he knew it. *hugs*