Sunday, June 7, 2009

O-Ren Relocates to the Village

Vermin Village has never had a hamster resident and this one was looking to need a new home. She needs more socialization. I picked her up for the first time just now and she was incredibly scared. She is incredibly soft!

I've renamed her O-Ren after one of the female assassin in Kill Bill. At her original home, she had originally been housed with her sister and she ended up killing her sister. :( The pet store had sold them to live together, knowing they were going to be living in the same cage. :(

She is hanging out in a smaller cage while her new cage is being prepared for her. She'll move in tonight. She is a very active little girl. My husband purchased a wheel for her so she'll probably be happy to get that.

I've prepared a cage 3 times the size of the cage she is in now. Lots of toilet paper rolls and lots of hides and treats. I use Good Mews on the bottom to draw any wetness and shredded newspaper on the top for her to tunnel through. I'm sure she'll have a great time.

No comments: