Monday, August 18, 2008

Rattie Updates

Right now I'm taking care of 60 ratties, 5 will be making their way to Canada before the end of this month as we will be going to pick up our food order. The other 55 are with me. I have many senior ratties. I have 5 over the age of 2, and 2 of these are about 2 months. Then my ratties will hit the 2 year mark in rapid waves. Such a bummer. I'm hoping they stay with me a long time. But...

I still have 4 ratties living on their own. Mimi, she is very bossy and thinks she is a person, but she has NOT bonded with any other rat. Popeetka still is the grumpiest rattie boy and he has chronic respiratory illness! His dad, Mr. Snuggles lives on his own because he has chronic respiratory illness and the other rats chase him around. Sprite also is on her own because she has chronic respiratory illness and gets too winded when other ratties chase her around.

I've got 15 on 2 medicines twice daily. This is to help keep their chronic issues under control. They aren't too pleased with it but it keeps them healthy!

Tonight I have to reweigh the ratties their Revolution doses. Ewww. I should only have to give 2 more treatments until they are eradicated because the bedding now used is fleece.

Anyway, I've got to get back to work!

No comments: