Friday, February 15, 2008

Remembering Mr. Chuckles

It has been 3 months since my beloved Mr. Chuckles passed away from congestive heart failure. I miss him every day and every rattie in my house is loved every day because of him...

My post on another site on 11/15/2007:
Mr. Chuckles, age 1 year and 9 months, passed 12:59 am this morning. 4 gasps, and it was over. I have spent the last week sleeping in my recliner with him in my lap to keep him company. He seemed to be doing so well, his edema was way down and he appeared to get around easier and his breathing was relaxing. I went and picked up a heating pad for him this evening for our evening sit. Just after midnight, I could hear the rattle start in his chest. Damn it all to hell. Closest 24 hour vet is over 30 minutes away. Stress him out to die in the car or just sit with him where we've sat for almost 2 weeks working on getting him better.

Afterwards, I brought him to his brother so Tickle could say goodbye. Tickle touched his brother sniffing and nudging. Tickle then kept kissing my hand.

His body is wrapped in clean tissue and is prepared for me to take to OHS for a private cremation. I'll drive to work tomorrow and bring him in. I have to say this officially sucks. I've only had him since July, but he was so sweet, my little gentle giant...and that would make sense if you knew him.

May Mr. Chuckles be roaming in open spaces with as many sunflower seeds and grapes and bananas he can wish for.

Peace all.

No comments: