Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sultana Passes

Sultana passed this morning in her cage.  I found her when I went in.  :*(  Only Lobo remains of the group of New Mexico ratties.   Sultana, along with her two sisters, was not very social but it only took one or two times sitting with them for 20 minutes each where they opened up and allowed themselves to be handled.  She was the last of her 3 "sisters" that I adopted from the rescue.  She is survived by her cage mates:  Gus (n), Lil' Mama, Opal, Sapphire, Emerald, Jade, Bailey, and Sweet Pea.  A lot of names are new so Gus is a fellow that came to me because his previous owners were scared of him as he kept biting.  (He doesn't now.)  Opal, Sapphire, Emerald and Jade came to me because their previous owner could no longer keep them.  Bailey came to me because she was also a poorly socialized little girl.  We're still working on her.  She's very...squirrelly.  And of course Sweet Pea was one of the Idaho rescues.  Sultana was well loved with her cage mates and she will be sorely missed by her friends.

Please note, her death is not unexpected, she has been battling chronic respiratory issues for some time.

Rest in peace little girl!

2 comments:

Sarah Lynn said...

Im so so sorry. :-( My Olive girl just passed away on Friday. Its tough. I only have 2 girls under 1 year old. so i have a rattie retirement home here lately.

RatSlave said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Olive. :(