Saturday, May 9, 2009

Zeb Leaves Us

Sadly Zeb had to be helped to the bridge. He was 2 years 7 months old.

Zeb and his pal Nemo came to us from a private party that due to health problems had to rehome them. They were really well loved and even got to go back for a visit. Due to my busy schedule, we never did get to get together again with the boys.

For the last few days of his life, I had him living downstairs in a tote I set up just with him in mind. He didn't have the use of his back legs so everything, including the water bottle were put low. He also got cold easier so while the top had the window in it I hung a piece of fleece over it so it would diffuse air coming into the tub. There was also a small window on the side for air flow and to hang the water bottle.

Having 2 little guys go the same day is very hard. I'm so upset right now.

Rest in Peace little one.

No comments: