Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tweek and Zelda Take a Bow and Helping New Ratties Get Closer to Their Forever Home

This morning started off with a sad note. Tweek and Zelda, two independent rattie girls were PTS this morning. Dr. S. at SWAH helped them to the bridge for me with the wonderful tech, J. This was my first experience with the anesthesia chamber. I think I do like the sedative better but this was ok for these girls, particularly Tweek as due to her heart condition, was congested so it was a better way to do this. Zelda joins her sister Samantha at the bridge. Tweek joins her cage mate Ruthie, and of course Zelda, at the bridge.

Their remains were immediately taken to the Oregon Humane Society for private cremation.

This cage of girls is survived by a single member, Sprite. She herself suffers from chronic respiratory issues and takes medicine twice a day and will for the remainder of her life. Luckily she is really good about it and holds the syringe to her mouth herself.

Today I did my first home visit for Little Mischief Rescue. I was honored that they asked me. I hope this brings a pair of girls in rescue one step closer to their forever home. So the day for ratties wrapped up on a positive note.

Rest in peace Tweek and Zelda.

No comments: