Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dip leaves us

Little Dip has left us today.  He was born about 8/2009, came into my life on 9/15/2009.  He was part of a group of 5 hamsters that were rehomed by their original owner after she bred her hamster and decided she wanted nothing to do with them.  My friend took 2 babies and I took in the mother and 2 babies.  My neighbor wanted a hamster but couldn't really afford one so I provided the supplies and she took care of one of the babies.  Dip and Lady Fu stayed with me.  Dip didn't mind being picked up so much although he much preferred  to shred things, more than any other hamster I know of.  He was also the hamster that when I pulled all of his accessories out of his cage to wash, he'd run around stuffing his cheeks with all of the food he stashed, getting ready to take his stuff on his move.

Dip was the last survivor of the 5 that were picked up that day.  I will miss the little feisty guy.

Rest in peace little Dip.  You will be missed little banana chip king.

No comments: